23 Jan 2013

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday 190...... Doily's!

                            
 Hello everyone & thanks for popping by to too have a peek at what I have been up to this week on the desk! This blog hop is the brainchild of Julia Dunnit & you can find out more about what's going on here over at her blog at http://stamping-ground.blogspot.co.uk/ Maybe you could join in and let us peek at yours too!
 This week I have gone a bit mad for doily stamps, love them & had a right good time with them too.
 I have embossed with them as well as stamping and even used gilding flakes. Used Distress
Markers & glitter some as well as trying Sakura Stardust pens, been a while since I used those!
 As you can see the gilding flake worked out really quite good, at the middle & edges I 
either did not put enough glue or did not press down evenly enough on the stamp.
 I used Indigo Blu's Flitter Glu and Sweet Poppy's Sunset Red Gilding Flakes.
 I will try more with the flakes love the effect!


 This finished card I used Cosmic Shimmers  True White Embossing powder Distress pens & punched out hearts. Looks a bit folk'y to me?  Anyway hope to show the matching dies with these stamps next week sometime. We still have snow here although its not as cold!  Perfect weather to stay in & keep warm drink Tea, Eat Cake & Craft! :-) Have a crafty week everyone!

Lavinia
x

16 comments:

Annie said...

Wow. I really love these cards and the effects you got with the doily stamps.
Hugs,
A x #47

ria gall said...

What pretty things you have been making and the finished card is lovely so delicate
Ria #92

Craftychris said...

ooh your doily's are fabulous and your heart card is stunning - I neeeeeed a doily stamp! Have a good week and keep warm! xx #118

Jackie said...

Your card looks great love the colours you choose
You have been busy!!!
It all looks fab
Jackie16

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Lavinia,

Love this card! Did you cut out those little hearts by hand?

Can't wait to see wedding photos!

Happy WOYWW
Hugs, Kay #126

scrappymo! said...

What a great desk...I peeked back on the previous post too and your room is so lovely. I know what you mean about re arranging things so you remember to use them!
The gild leafing looks fabulous on the doily. I think it is fine that it goes on lighter and darker...that is the beauty of gilt leaf.

Congratulations on your wedding. Will you move to the US or stsy as is? Sounds exciting!

Off to check out some older posts.

okienurse said...

Love the dollies and stamps. I bought a die that cuts doilies and need to get it out and give it some use! Thanks for sharing and have a great crafty week! Vickie #35

JoZart Designs said...

Super effects! great idea for the gilding too. If you are going to Manchester show look out on the door at 1pm for WOYWWers ... be nice to say Hello!
Jo x

voodoo vixen said...

Your doily stamp is great and I really love how the card turned out, the punched out hearts really give it some depth and finish beautifully. Annette #18

Lindsay Weirich said...

you have inspired me to drag out my doily stamps, gilding! Brilliant! Happy WOYWW! Lindsay #138

Gibby Frogett said...

Belated WOYWW greetings.. thanks for sharing your worksapace and projects. Love your cards, really great colours. Happy crafting..Gill x(#97)

trisha too said...

Beautiful, Lavinia!

:)trisha
a little late
#164 this week!

Julia Dunnit said...

Yep, I would say folky too - it's gorgeous, love the colours and the soft background you found for it. Must admit to needing to seek out the doily stamps now...argh!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo there Lavinia,
Well first time able to get in here and do some blog hopping!
Some lovely work going on here, just adore those stamps and wow! wow!!! that card is gorgeous!
Thanks so much for popping over and thanks for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #58

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow... your card is fantastic! And I love your neat work space too. ^_^

Queen Lightwell said...

Oh, I love your doilies! They are gorgeous! I also nominated you for the Liebster blog award, which goes to blogs you think others should check out that have less than 200 followers. You can find out more on my blog, here:http://giftsfromdeeyll.blogspot.com/2013/02/an-award-for-me-awww-you-shouldnt-have.html
I'm letting people know if you don't feel like/don't have the time to pass the award onto another 5 blogs then don't worry about it, okay? Just accept that you are awesome, alright? Well, your blog is anyways! lol :) No, you are too, or else your blog wouldn't be, right? :)
And otherwise my WOYWW post is at #142 this week. :)

Popular Posts