7 Aug 2012

WOYWW 166....Erm...sorry but its.....Festive!!!

Hello WOYWW'ers! Its been a few weeks since I joined in Julia's Mahooosive world wide Blog-a-thon! If you have arrived at this page thinking "What's this woman on about???" then Hop over here and check her Blog out for the in's N out's of what I am on about & you too could join in on the weekly hop-a-roony! Go on show us your's!


I have finally succumbed to the festive card making! I have been playing around & putting together some of the Hunkydory Christmas Kits I bought from Create & Craft. There so easy to use & great fun too and this way I get to make loads of cards for everyone to have a made one! If I gave everyone I know one of my "Special" made cards every year I would take all year to get them done, it can take me that long to do just one sometimes!

As you can see I have been on a roll past few days. I have really enjoyed skiving off & just sitting here making cards all day, reminder to self..."Clean House"....:-)

So far I have done about 30 all together and used the some of the Vintage & Traditional Kits, I have still to use any of the Elegant or Cute Kit's. From the four kits I bought they say you can make at least 80 cards, however, they are so generous with all the die cuts & papers & card stock I think I will get about 150 at least!.....another reminder to self....."Go do a food shop".......;-)

Right that's it for this post I must get some sleep, been up till all hours in here! Its this new desk & room layout, I am having so much fun in here! I never want to leave this happy crafty place, I must get back to the real world though tomorrow, boo.......but then I will have to visit you at your desks.... yeah....another excuse to sit here! Whooo---hooo.....I am going a bit bonkers so I better wrap this up! Take care everyone & have a crafty week!

Lavinia
x

16 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh wow. You really made up for not being here for awhile. You have the most beautiful cards. I'm not a card maker, so I am in awe of any one who can.

No linky, but here's my post:

http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2012/08/woyww-166-new-studio-sign-edition.html

Neesie said...

I thought I'd get a head start on my desk hopping Lavinia even with Mr Linky going AWOL. ;D
Your desk certainly works for me this morning because it's so wintery here today...the wind is blowing a hoolie, hail lashing down and generally yuk! So a little festiveness works well and boy have you been working well.
Amazing creativity going on...obviously you're new space is working for you!
Enjoy ~ Neesie (no number as yet)

HeARTworks said...

WOW! Aren't you getting an early headstart! Good job! Patsy from
HeARTworks and
papemelroti

Annie said...

You are so organised. Well done you. Gorgeous cards.
Hugs,
A x

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Lavinia,

I have an envelope ready for you but I can't find your address (again). I sent an email to you - would you mind sending me your address again (for the umpteenth time). My sincere apologies. I've put a few little extras in it for you being so patient.

Your cards look great. I haven't thought of working with kits before - what a great idea.

Hugs,
Kay #96

Francesca said...

I haven't even thought about xmas yet, you are well ahead. Great samples. Francesca #32

Hazel said...

Lovely to see all your festive cards. I got that kit too. If you're interested I have a Christmas challenge site - I'd love to see your cards there - CHNC. Thanks for sharing your workspace. Hope you have a good week. Hazel WOYWW #99 x

trisha too said...

Wow, look at all those wonderful cards!!!!

:)trisha, #113 this week with a quilted inchie

Anonymous said...

Ooh Christmas, no need to make any apologies to me, lol! Lovely makes, sounds like those kits are going to go a long way too. I've been reading further down, you might want to have a look at the scones I made this week, interesting recipe!!

Hugs
Brenda 38

Darnell said...

My goodness, Lavinia, you have been a productive lady!! Your cards and how you've made the bits and pieces stretch are amazing! So happy to share your happiness in your new space! Have a great week! Darnell #102

Cath Davidson said...

I cannot look at the pictures! Sitting in blazing sun not thinking of Christmas lol but I do know where your coming from, I was making 200 Xmas cards at one point but drastically cut back. Happy Xmas card making.

May said...

WOW... What a fabulous selection of gorgeous Christmas cards...you have been a busy girl... Love the busy desk.. I must start some of mine as I always leave it to the last min... Hugs May x x x#40

Words and Pictures said...

Wow... scarily efficient, can't believe you're getting so many Christmas cards done. And I really hear you on the not wanting to go back to the real world - can't we all just stay in Craftland?!
Alison x
#58

Danielle said...

Well I think the cards are great! You have a good head start to the holidays. dani 101

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Lavinia,

I thought I had left a comment but guess I didn't..... I have a package waiting to be mailed to you but I've lost your mailing address (again - I know, I'm so sorry). I also sent you an email earlier in the week. Please email.

Yesterday was my blog anniversary - candy will be announced soon. As part of the candy I'm offering up something made by me -- so come visit and cast your vote (if you've already been - thank you. I'm trying to visit everyone this week so haven't checked in on my comments lately).

Happy WOYWW
Kay #96

Morti said...

I'm a bit late getting round to everybody this week - thanks for stopping by last week! I got here eventually!

Lovely cards - don't you just love Hunkydory? They do make some fantastic kits...

Popular Posts